Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Emptying Out Their Piggybanks!

I'm humbled.

I received this photo yesterday afternoon.



Along with the photo, this text message appeared, "The kids emptying out their piggybanks for sweet Emma!  Loved your card and letter!"

Such a huge gesture from my kids' friends (ages 3, 7 and 8) - how thoughtful and given straight from their hearts.  Sullivan, Sadie and Stella are precious kids - very special friends to Ian and Aidan.  They are blessed to have Chris and Jessica as their parents. 

In just a few minutes, here's what arrived at our front door:


A box full of coins and dollars from their piggybanks ($68.80 to be exact), a cute green pom pom, a melted bead heart and a note - "We love sweet emma - Love the Abshers."

Our Christmas card and letter arrived at their home yesterday, and this box was delivered to our home the same afternoon. 

I must admit that I did NOT have faith large enough.  As I composed the letter included in our Christmas card this year, I thought it was a nice way to inform our friends and family of our plans to adopt Emma - where we've been, where we are and where we're going.  I never imagined there would be a response to our request for donations to our agency to fund Emma's adoption expenses.  I'm so thankful God knows my faith in what He can do is not big enough - and that He still comes through in spite of me.

We have thankful hearts for those who share this journey with us - to be a page in Emma's story.

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat to see! I can totally identify with, "I'm so thankful God knows my faith in what He can do is not big enough - and that He still comes through in spite of me."

    ReplyDelete